Heat Warning Issued for Oakville from July 12 to 14, 2016

Table Fan
Heat Warning Issued for Oakville from July 12 to 14, 2016

About the Author

Nolan A Machan

Nolan A Machan

Nolan Machan is the Publisher of OakvilleNews.Org and has over 41 years of local Oakville knowledge. He is committed to providing Oakville residents with the most up-to-date information about our great town.

Latest posts (See all)

Upper Oakville Shopping Centre Christmas Promotion 2016 Breakfast with Santa
Advertisement

This afternoon, Environment Canada issued a heat warning for Oakville starting tomorrow – so enjoy this evening’s comfortable weather, because by tomorrow afternoon the air will be so thick with moisture you’ll feel like you could cut it with knife. 

Tuesday’s high is expected to reach 30 but feel like 37 partially. Wednesday the heat will be full blast with a high of 31 but will feel like 41. Wednesday’s saving grace is a 40 percent chance of rain. Thursday temperature will be a little lighter with a high of 28 and feel like 38, with a 60 percent chance of rain. There is also a high probability of thunderstorms.

Here is Environment Canada’s Heat Warning for Oakville starting on Tuesday, July 12, 2016 and ending late on Thursday evening, July 14, 2016.

Humidex values reaching near 40 are expected.

Heat and humidity will arrive Tuesday over the regions with high temperatures reaching near 32 degrees until Thursday. Night time lows will also be warm in the 19 to 21 degree range Tuesday and Wednesday nights. There may be temporary relief from the heat due to showers or thunderstorms. Cooler weather will arrive by Friday.

Frequently visit neighbours, friends and older family members, especially those who are chronically ill, to make sure that they are cool and hydrated.

Never leave people or pets in your care inside a parked vehicle or in direct sunlight.

Heat warnings are issued when very high temperature or humidity conditions are expected to pose an elevated risk of heat illnesses, such as heat stroke or heat exhaustion.

Subscribe for FREE and STAY informed with OakvilleNews.Org
Advertisement

Tags:

, , , , ,


Readers Comments (0)




Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

%d bloggers like this: