Sunday, December 13, 2015 will be a big day for the all the residents of Oakville, as the old location for the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital closes, and the new location opens. Here are the top ten things that you should know:
- At 6:00 a.m., all services and the Emergency Department at the legacy OTMH at 327 Reynolds Street will permanently close.
- At 6:00 a.m., the Emergency Department at the new OTMH located at 3001 Hospital Gate will open.
- We expect to see higher than average patient visits in the new Emergency Department after is opens which may impact wait times.
- To assist with safely moving our patients, managing volumes and delivering care to the sickest patients on move day, the community is encouraged to seek care for non-life-threatening illness or injury from their family doctor, a walk-in clinic, or call Telehealth at 1.866.797.0000
- The new OTMH is located at 3001 Hospital Gate.
- For a map and directions to the new OTMH, click here
- The main phone number will remain the same: 905.845.2571
- All inpatients will be moved in one day
- Patient visitation on move day will be restricted to 5:00-8:00 p.m. After December 13, there are no specified visiting hours. However, in the hospital, quiet time has been designated from the hours of 10:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. every day to promote a restful healing environment for our patients.
- Outpatient clinics will not be open on December 13. Please contact your clinic for their reopening date.
Do you have more questions? Click here
3001 Hospital Gate, December 13 2015, Directions to Oakville Hospital, Emergency Department, Halton Health Care Services, Hospital Decommission, Hospital Move, Hospital Phone Number, Map of Oakville Hospital, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital