Wyecroft Bridge Extension needs local support NOW!

Motorcycle Muffler
Wyecroft Bridge Extension needs local support NOW!
Find Oakville's Cheapest Gas

About the Author

Sean O'Meara

Sean O'Meara

Sean O'Meara is the Town and Regional Councillor for Ward 1. He was elected to Oakville's town council in October 2014. Sean lives with his wife and family in Bronte.

Latest posts (See all)

One month after my election, I sat on the budget committee. That was my one and only time this session of Council. After working with the budget committee this year, I was able to secure the Wyecroft Bridge Extension on the agenda to be debated tomorrow.

The bridge would traverse from Bronte Road on the east and over Bronte Creek and reconnect with Wyecroft Road on the west side of the creek. This would ease congestion on the Lakeshore Road West Bridge in Bronte as well as the Rebecca Bridge, which are heavily backed up during rush hour.

The last minute addendum and information was just released and provides a picture to the budget committee on how they can expedite the bridge construction and which projects would have to be delayed.

The Report and Appendices can be viewed by clicking Wyecroft Bridge, which is second discussion item.

No outstanding project has been on the Oakville books longer than this bridge. After initially being approved in 1994, its time is now!

Please take a moment to notify all Oakville Councillors by emailing them by clicking council@oakville.ca and please remember to add a personal message on why you believe the time is now.

Thank you and my apologies for the short delay, we are all victims of timing!

Tags:

, , , ,

Readers Comments (6)

1. John Litzenberger says:

Mr. O’Meara, thanks for standing up for this project. In addition to easing car congestion, it would provide another much-needed link across the creek for transit, cyclists, and pedestrians. Ways across the creek that aren’t the QEW highway are especially essential for people who don’t use cars, and presently there is nothing between Rebecca and Dundas, which is absurd.

2. Lesley Manley MCVEAN says:

I think this would be awesome for cyclists and people to have easier access!

Great job!

3. Mark says:

Upper Middle next!

4. Phil says:

Oakville and Burlington should join up to bully provincial govt to widen QEW.
    Wycroft bridge will add to Burlingtons traffic woes.
    A pedestrian/cyclist bridge would be great for upper middle. I have camped at Bronte Creek PP and was sad to drive my car over to day use side. Have our provincial govt pay for all this, what’s another few million for Ontarios debt of a few billion!

5. Doug says:

This bridge is long overdue. I would have imagined the tenants in the Home Depot Longos plaza were told a bridge was imminent. I wonder if they know it’s not even on the long term plans for infrastructure improvements.
    This project needs to be fast tracked somehow. I live in Bronte east of Bronte rd and north of Rebecca and use the plaza almost daily. It would save a lot of time and gas if I could just get there by driving over a bridge.

6. person says:

Stop development period!

Oakville’s too over populated and over developed already.

If you want to meet climate change our natural declining birth rates will provide the solutions.

%d bloggers like this: